MCCM share with you the most comprehensive optimization guide: First of all, WordPress SEO can be said to be very advantageous, and doing SEO optimization is the guarantee of WordPress website traffic; this tutorial contains how to optimize WordPress and how to set up WordPressSEO. Need a friend to help!
To put it simply, SEO is divided into two parts: page optimization and link building. Page optimization is the foundation, while link building is the focus. One of them is indispensable.
Content is king
Before explaining specific SEO skills, it is first emphasized that the content is king, and high-quality, original content is the guarantee of SEO. It is important to insist on doing this well. Create valuable content for users. Original articles and featured topics will bring you unexpected gains. Search engines love original content, and even if it is reprinted numerous times, search engines know where the original address is.
Page optimization is to optimize the page according to SEO requirements. It mainly involves the use of tags, URL, Meta tags, H1 H2 H3 and other tags, keyword density and other aspects.
The page title directly affects the ranking of the page in the search results. Whether the user reads your article in search engine results, Google Reader, Weibo, or other places, the first impression is your title, so the title party is also The result is that although everyone is not encouraged to be a title party, the most basic optimization is still necessary.
There are two points for title optimization:
- The title contains keywords for the article, 1-2 keywords are sufficient.
- Generally, the title can be designed in reverse order, the log page, and the article title should be placed in front of the website title.
WordPress support for pseudo-static links has brought great convenience to SEO. Which method Permalink chooses is not really relevant. Personally, I recommend choosing the one with% post-name% as much as possible. Words can also help SEO rankings.
For example, the URL of an article is https://xxx.com/article/wordpress-seo/ with the keyword WordPress SEO.
Also make sure the page has a rel = ”canonical” tag to avoid duplicate content and link uniqueness.
Google and Baidu no longer consider Meta Keywords and Description as ranking factors, but adding Meta Description is also helpful for website traffic, because Google ’s search results directly use Meta Description to describe the page. When users search When you see a good description, it is easier to come to your website, but Keywords are basically invalid, and sometimes it is counterproductive. Baidu will think you are overly SEO.
In WordPress, we can add Meta Description to any page, but we are very lazy. Personally, we only need to add to the home page and the log page. If you enter a summary on the log page, use the summary as the Meta Description. 120 words for Description.
Add the following code to the theme's header:
Use of labels such as H1 H2 H3
First of all, there is only one H1 tag on a page. The most important title on the page is given the H1 tag. Therefore, on the homepage or list page, the title of the website uses the H1 tag, while on the log page, the title of the article uses the H1 tag, and the website title uses DIV. In fact, this is the default theme of WordPress.
In addition to setting H1 tags, you also need to set H2 H3 tags for the subtitles in the article content as required. In addition to making the article content clearer, the semantics are also better, which is also helpful for SEO. Google likes semantic content ,
You can use my WordPress article directory plugin to further improve SEO performance.
If you output the full text on a list page such as the homepage or other categories, you can use the technique of dynamically modifying the WordPress Heading tag to make the tag more semantic.
Although the latest and greatest image recognition technology continues to come out, there is no way to compare it to the eyes, so it is very important to give a good name to the picture name, such as the "I love poaching" Fish has more than 70% of its traffic coming from the search engine. I named it "fairyfish-seo-traffic.png" instead of "12414124124.jpg", and gave him the alt tag to search When the engine saw the picture, it immediately understood the meaning of the picture.
The page optimization was introduced earlier. When your page is optimized, then search engines need to include your articles and rank high. So how do you get search engines to include and rank high? This is the thing about link building.
Active submission to search engines
Basically, WordPress is a blog, which can be included by search engines soon. If you want search engines to be included as soon as possible, you can actively submit them. All major search engines have a "submit URL" function. Such as:
- Baidu: http://www.baidu.com/search/url_submit.html
A Sitemap is an XML file that contains links and additional information to all public pages and documents on your site, and informs search engine sites about which pages are available for crawling. A Sitemap file lists the URLs in your site and other metadata about each URL (when it was last updated, how often it changed, how important it is relative to other URLs on your site, etc.) so search engines can be smarter Crawl the website. The Google Sitemaps service is part of Google Webmaster Tools.
Website link optimization
The link architecture of a website is very important. For users, a good link architecture allows users to immediately understand what the website mainly introduces and quickly find what they need. For search engines, good The link architecture allows the pages of the site to be indexed by search engines correctly, ensuring that Google crawlers find the pages correctly.
- Keep important pages with links on the homepage. The homepage of the website is the most important page and the page most often visited by search engines, so we should try to display more important page links to the homepage. But also be careful not to exceed 100 links.
- All pages within the site must have a link to the homepage
- Establish breadcrumb links, and the site has clear navigation and hierarchies.
- The content of related web pages should be linked, such as the "Related Articles" function under the article. It is recommended to install related log plugins.
- Related keywords link to related articles. For example, if you have articles about "key1" in the previous log, you can link "key1" to the previous page in future articles to generate relevance.
- Remember to regularly clear invalid links.
The links from external links to your website are called "backlinks". Backlinks are an important basis for search engines to measure the quality of a website. They are the focus of SEO work. How to increase backlinks?
- Provide high-quality original content and naturally get a lot of backlinks. High-quality original content is easily reprinted by countless websites. Copyright-conscious websites will leave your link address on his website.
- Add websites to related directories, such as DMOZ open directories, high-quality web navigation stations, and interlinking websites related to your website theme.
- Do some summary topics, lists, and indexes. People like to collect them and win backlinks. For example: Top 10 free software for iPad installation.
- Post on large websites related to the topic of the website, such as guest blogs.
- Provide free services and products, such as providing free WordPress themes for download. The more people use it, the more links you get.
WordPress SEO summary
There is so much about WordPress SEO. WordPress itself is an open source program that SEO does very well. If you add some optimizations and improvements, it will definitely increase your blog traffic. I will update, amend and add new content for this article.