Wordpress Settings allow for custom link forms to improve aesthetics, usability, and forward compatibility. (the host is required to support pseudo-static).
Some parameters for wordpress fixed link Settings:
- %year% : based on the year in which the article was published, e.g. 2010;
- %monthnum% : based on the month in which the article is published, such as 01;
- %day% : based on the publication date of the article, such as 06;
- %hour% : based on the number of hours published, e.g. 23;
- %minute% : based on the number of minutes published, for example, 43;
- %second% : based on the number of seconds an article is published, e.g. 33;
- %postname% : based on the postname of the article, the value of which is the thumbnail name specified at the ime of writing, or the title of the article if the thumbnail name is not specified;
- %post_id% : based on post post_id, such as 48;
- %category% : based on article classification, sub-classification will be processed into the form of classification/sub-classification";
- %author% : based on the author name of the article.
Combine the above parameters to get the fixed link form of wordpress.
Here's a look at some of the popular URL formats for WP fixed links
These permalink settings have advantages and disadvantages. In general, wordpress should pay attention to the following points when setting up fixed links:
- Don't let dates appear in fixed links.
- Do not allow classified links to appear in fixed links.
- Don't make links too deep.
- Do not use Chinese in links.
- the article finally can add a. HTML, one is the pseudo-static URL search engine easy to include, two is the user has been used to the article URL with. HTML. In addition, although search engines can recognize Chinese links, but for the perspective of optimization, do not recommend the use of Chinese.
So what is the best wordpress fixed link? I mainly recommend two forms of fixed link URL:
The best custom fixed link structure for SEO is the article name link, especially for English websites. This kind of connection is good for SEO optimization, but not for everyone, set up the trouble point, the article after the URL is easy to repeat.
In contrast, I personally prefer this article id fixed link URL, very short, easy to remember, easy to use, and easy to copy the URL. And after the article many also not afraid of URL duplication. It is highly recommended that you choose this wordpress fixed link URL format.
Anyhow, when choosing fixed link, you still want to be careful, it is best to think of your own fixed link form before the site, after all, after you can not easily change. For Wordpress fixed links or radish cabbage each has his favorite.